Sunday, November 21, 2021

Saturday 1st. Week of Advent.

St. John of Damascus 675b. 



St. John lived under Muslim rule but was able to write many books inn defense of the Faith and Sacred Icons and Images. 

From his writings come the following quotes. 


How can this come about?" Mary asked. "The Holy Spirit will come upon you," the angel answered, "and the power of the Most High will cover you with its shadow." And now you are the one who puts the question: "How can bread become Christ and wine His Blood?" I answer: "The power of the Holy Spirit will be at work to give us a marvel which surpasses understanding.


Devotion to you, O Blessed Virgin, is a means of salvation which God gives to those whom he wishes to save.


O Mother of God! If I place my confidence in thee, I shall be saved; if I am under thy protection, I have nothing to fear; for the fact of being thy client is a possession of a certainty of salvation which God grants only to those whom He intends to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment