Saturday, August 17, 2024

Saturday 19th Week of Ordinary Time

 


PRAYER TO THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY TO OBTAIN A GOOD DEATH.

(By St. Alphonsus.)

     O Mary, sweet refuge of sinners and my own loving Mother, I beseech thee by the grief which thou didst experience in being present at the death of thy divine Son on the cross to assist me with thy mercy when my soul must depart from this world. 

     Banish then from me the infernal enemies; come then to take my soul and to present it as the soul of thy own child to the Eternal Judge. 

     O my Queen, do not then forsake me, for it is thou who, after Jesus, must be my help at that dreadful moment on which my eternity depends. 

     Beseech thy divine Son to grant me in His goodness the grace to die under thy protection, and to breathe forth my soul into His sacred wounds whilst repeating: Jesus and Mary, I give you my heart and soul. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment